Duct-free mini-split systems essentially eliminate energy losses that occurs when using ductwork used in conventional central systems. In general, duct losses may account for as much as 30% of energy consumption. In addition, variable-speed compressors in outdoor units provide extremely high part-load efficiency. They are an excellent choice for energy-conscious customers.
Provide quiet, customized comfort.
Indoor units operate quietly to meet individual temperature set points for each zone. Variable-speed compressors with wide capacity and precise modulation help maintain the temperature within a narrow range.
Are highly flexible.
A selection of heating and cooling or cooling-only system options are available to meet the application's exact capacity and SEER requirements.
Offer precise control.
Ductless air conditioners are offered with a variety of control options ranging from on/off, set point, load and speed settings to programmable units that enable scheduling. And programmable temperature control by occupancy and schedule offers opportunities for increased savings.
LIGHT COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS
YORK® duct-free mini-split systems suit a wide range of light commercial applications including:
- Buildings with remote or separated offices - such as supermarket administrative offices, manufacturing supervisor offices, parking lot structures and mobile offices at construction sites.
- Small business applications - such as convenience stores, fast-food restaurants, coffee shops and daycare centers.
- Extra and back-up cooling - such as areas that are mission-critical or areas where cooling demand cannot be met with existing systems.
- Electrical and IT closets - ideal solution to add extra cooling to spaces with heat-generating equipment.
- Wineries or small areas with stringent heating or cooling requirements - an economical and easy-to-install solution for businesses with the need for tight temperature control.
YORK® ductless heat pumps and mini-split heat pumps and air conditioners suit a wide range of residential applications including:
- Room additions - a practical and economical solution compared to upgrading existing systems.
- Apartments, condominiums, and townhouses - an ideal solution compared to the hassle, noise, obstructed view, and other issues associated with typical window units.
- Older houses where ducts are not available - a customer-pleasing solution to add air-conditioning without the need for extensive construction or altering of interior spaces.